I agree with having an interested public.   I also think that having a highly
interested stakeholder could prove useful in the political realm. To that end I
have been trying to get the trade association for the drought ravaged central
California growers interested. If the coastal cities had enough available
energy to economically suck on a straw from the Pacific, then the growers would
have enough water to grow their veggies and stay in business. Not surprisingly
I have yet to receive a nibble in response. But if the upcoming report is
impressive I will take another crack at it.

Steve High