*where we see additions of other elements (copper, iron, etc.) in their
natural isotopic ratios, this is due to successive neutron and proton
capture reactions, selected for favorable energy release.*

The conundrum is that neutrons are NEVER seen in LENR reactions. How can
isotopes change without the presence of neutrons, The total lack of
neutrons is an important dot to be connected.

Free Neutrons would be floating around if the LENR reaction was not
instantaneous and multiple like in uranium fission.

In LENR, It looks like isotopes change instantaneously in a single
reaction.