>From the referenced article:

<Snip>

The quarks have spin 1/2, so physicists originally assumed that two of the
quarks were in opposite alignment (cancelling their spin), leaving one
unpaired quark to give the proton spin. However, measurements of
muon-proton collisions found only a quarter of the proton’s spin comes from
quark spins. The rest has to come from gluon spins and/or the orbital
motion of quarks and gluons inside the proton.

<EndSnip>

I referenced this article to show that gluons have spin and/or can produce
spin.

I believe that the standard model doctrinaire on gluon interactions that
gluons can not interact with photons.

I don't understand how a gluons can demonstrate magnetic properties(spin)
and at the same time be unable to interact with photons.

However, this paper:

Exclusive Physics at the Tevatron
 shows photon/gluon interactions:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1006.0204.pdf