It is my contention that one of the many mechanisms of magnetic based LENR
reactions is that  photons (magnetic) can pump energy into the
proton(and/or neutron) to the point where gluons in the proton(s) and/or
neutrons(s) will get to and surpass an energy saturation level. At  that
point of saturation, these *Hadron(s)* will form a  gluon/quark plasma from
which a new element will reform upon cooling (energy transfer back to the
magnetic soliton).
This mechanism is one of the most energy intensive LENR reactions and is
only seen in the Ni/H reactor.

I believe that this contention is new physics beyond the standard model.