Jack:

Did you try to roughen the surface of the lattice substrate metal with
spark discharge as Mizuno has done in his experiments. A rough reaction
surface is the key to nanoplasmonic activity and the production of Surface
Plasmon Polaritons.

All the successful LENR experiments that I know about have used roughened
substrate surfaces in their methods.