Jed, Jones and others--

I too read the Craven’s report and found it very interesting--particularly his
discussion of the theory.

He points out the importance of the magnetic field aligning the D nuclei in
antiparallel spin orientations  as well as the importance of vacancies in the
Pd lattice caused by alloying with gold and allowing a place for the D to
gather.

The thing he does not explain is how the energy (24 Mev) from the collapse of 2
D to form He is distributed to the lattice.

AS I have maintained from the beginning of my attendance on Vortex, the energy
is distributed by spin coupling to other spin oriented particles under the
influence of the magnetic field.

Is there any reason why the D nuclei could not form excited states of high but
opposite spin states which collapse quickly to the zero spin He with
distribution of small spin quanta to other entities in the lattice including
spin angular momentum associated with orbital electrons found in the lattice.?

The presence of BEC or Cooper pairs of D may initiate and mediate the spin
energy distribution of the loss of mass associated with forming the He.

A similar pairing of H in Ni alloy lattice may allow the formation of D and
hence He.  The mechanism of the formation of H from D in the Mizuno experiment
is another matter.  Seems like the reverse of the D,He reaction may also happen.

The Cravens experiment is nice as Jed and Jones have already said.  HE DESERVES
A PRIZE FOR BEING A OPEN, REAL EXPERIMENTAL SCIENTIST.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail