On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <
stefan.ita...@gmail.com> wrote:

there is critiques stemming from not believing in hydrinos
> because the feel they must give up on QM, which perhaps is not true.

Perhaps hydrinos and QM are not incompatible; for example, maybe they're
dual, as you have suggested previously.  If so, could you help me to
understand where the "prediction" of a broadband spectrum comes from?  This
is the explanation as I have seen in promotional literature:  as the
electron goes to deeper redundant levels, first it yields a kick to the
Mills catalyst via Forster resonance energy transfer (FRET), and then it
"spirals down," giving off broadband emission.  QED says that electrons
radiate emissions in sharp peaks as they relax (or excite) from one
quantized energy level to another.  In effect, they tunnel from one level
to another, and the *single* photon that is given off has an energy that is
the delta of the two levels.  In QED, there is an explicit understanding
that there is no classical spiraling down.  The spectra bear this out, as
there are lines for the hydrogen atom at the non-redundant levels rather
than broadband emissions.  Broadband emissions suggest multiple photons, or
another particle that is involved, or something else I haven't been
acquainted with.

My questions:

   - Is QED's claim about sharp lines and instantaneous transitions wrong
   for the non-redundant electron levels?
   - If it is not wrong, why are there sharp lines for the non-redundant
   levels and then broadband emissions for the redundant levels?  Where does
   the discontinuity arise from?

This kind of detail may seem like a trifling point to worry about; but it's
actually very important.  People have spent their whole lives looking at
this type of question.  One should not just wave it away.

Eric