This is my favorite fusion reactor design. But like all these fusion
reactors, this type of reactor produces a ton of neutrons and not much
energy, The original design was based on a hybrid thorium/fusion design
where all the neutrons produced by fusion would produce load of energy from
fission of U233. The high energy fusion neutrons would produce loads of
U232 which is the best guaranty against proliferation that there
is...very nasty stuff...instant death.