The signal to noise ratio has taken a nosedive.  I'm sure this is just a
momentary thing, and the key individuals driving the noise will quickly
come to their senses.

I'm going to take the liberty of mixing lots of metaphors.  Imagine we're
in a room at someone's home and it's at a party.  The people in this room
are Vortex.  In other rooms there are other things going on.  We're having
an interesting conversation.  The libations flow freely, and then people
start getting a little tipsy.  A conversation gets a little heated.  One or
two people maybe don't know when to let go of something.  They surely have
good intentions.  But they're getting a little loud.

Now imagine in the kitchen one room over there is a sleeping Buddha, who
owns the house and is throwing the party.  Not only is he serving as the
goodly host of the party, but, like Shiva, in previous ages he has also
laid waste to civilizations and exiled the profligate, the wicked and the
ones who lack self-restraint.  Let's let him continue in his deep sleep,
for the consequences of his waking are a little unpredictable.  Let's carry
on our conversation at a more moderate pitch, respecting the general
inclinations of the people in the room, even if we feel we've been provoked.

Eric