On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Jojo Iznart <jojoiznar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  One specific question.  On the slides, there is provision for C02
> injection into the photobioreactor.  What is the source of this CO2, just
> atmospheric extraction or sea water extraction?

CO2 is presumed available at current commercial rates -- which means it can
be extracted from air.  The energetics are that economic.  Of course, if
you have another source of CO2, such as a fossil fuel power plant, you have
to do some processing to render it food-grade but then that is a
requirement of all new "clean coal" technologies anyway.

>   Also, what are the provisions for piping and water circulation of sea
> water on the PBRs.  This is another area where my existing wave pump might
> provide synergy.

The maritime deployment of the PBRs do not require sea water on them but
rather under them.  The wave action must be kept at a moderate level to
avoid damaging the polyfilm -- which is why wave barriers are necessary.

Desert deployment of the PBRs require artificially induced standing waves,
the energy for which is accounted for in the OPEX.