  From: Eric Walker
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 11:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi on Ni62

  I wrote:

    About the beta-delayed gamma -- it's not clear that the 63Ni* gamma decay
is a beta-delayed gamma in this instance (see the decay in [1]).  But as you
know beta-delayed gammas are a frequent occurrence.  The half-life of the beta
decay in this case is 100 years, so if there is beta-delayed gamma emission,
the activity would be significant.

  The excited state after a beta- decay would be in the daughter (63Cu) not the
parent (63Ni).  I don't see any evidence for a 63Cu* excited state.  You are
probably right.  Embarrassing rookie error on my part.

  Eric