I wrote:

Even if a scientist erroneously disavows discovering a specific phenomenon
> like LENR, I suppose, this is not necessarily to say that history books
> won't recognize whatever role he played later on.

Just to clarify -- the above is a hypothetical.  Even if what Steven Jones
was seeing ended up being LENR proper, the details of the story go back to
the early eighties with Fleischmann and then back even further with
observations by Paneth and Peters back in the 1920s.  So any priority in
this instance may be something that is hard one to pin down.

Eric