From: a...@magicsound.us

                I sat next to Steve Jones at one of the ICCF18 sessions. He
was carrying a cylinder with a couple of toggle switches at one end and a
couple of multi-pin connectors at the other end. It looked vaguely like a
sinctillator cell but longer. He wouldn't tell me what it was, just said
"current work, watch for news". With a gleam in his eye, like maybe I was
missing the joke, but who knows....

                AlanG

He could have been testing for DDL radiation, who knows :-)

During this time frame, according to posts I was reading on another forum,
SJ was doing very low power LED experiments based on a blocking oscillator
design called “Joule thief”. It is remotely possible that he believed that
he had “closed the loop” in the same sense of Mills Suncell, where light
emission from the LED into an acitive gas medium - exceeded the current
generated in photocells inside of a mirrored tube filled with that gas, due
to photon amplification of the emitted light - but… most likely what you saw
was indeed a scintillator tube modified to detect a type of radiation which
he thought could be there from LENR or from someone faking LENR.

… which… err, is about the same thing by definition.

If Peter Mobberly has tuned into Vortex, he has suggested Ar<->K as being
another place (besides Co<->Ni) where a mass inversion is seen in the
periodic table. Hydrogen/deuterium could operate in either case to (not
necessarily) accomplish a nuclear conversion, since the energy release is
too large, but instead to bury into the deep orbitals as a “substitute
electron” and stay there… with several consequences.

If a net-neutral particle like the DDL, with a strong negative near-field,
can disguise as an electron in the k-shell, the result is that the “light
nucleus” (like Ni-58 which has a neutron deficit) is “less-stressed”, so to
speak, by the normal negative charge that it feels from its normal electron
shell.

Back to SJ, he has gone silent on in the internet in the past few months,
which to my thinking indicates he may have made a breakthrough.

If this were to be a race - between SJ and RM, my money is on the oldster
(he is about 7-8 years older than Mills)