One observation that I'm noting in reviewing the data is the remarkably
complete conversion of nickel isotopes to Ni68, (from 3.9% in the starting
fuel to 98.7% in the ash) and the corresponding nearly-complete transition
of lithium-6 from 8.6% fuel to 92.1% ash abundance ratios.  Given that the
ash sample was taken at an arbitrarily-defined time point, which happened
while the operating conditions of the reaction were stable, if not
improving, then I believe this indicates that the reaction is a cyclic one,
which decays to the measured ash isotope ratios while the reaction is
stopping.

If the reaction were based on a linear consumption of reactants, then it
would be truly miraculous to have stopped the reaction and sampled the ash
just when Nickel-68 had reached 98.7 enrichment.  Given that there was no
trending reduction in the output power prior to the ash sampling, I think
this clearly indicates that we were not approaching the depletion point of
the reactants, and that the heat must be produced as part of a durable
cycle.   This could indicate a much, much longer-lasting fuel charge is
possible than the 6 months figure which has been floating around without
apparent basis-in-fact.

-Bob Ellefson