It still costs a helluva a lot to make power this way.

                From: ChemE Stewart

                Are you implying exploding pennies?

                Jones Beene  wrote:
                How long will it be before the dreaded Ni-62 bombe (best
Inspector Clouseau accent)
                                From: ChemE Stewart
                                In general, I think it is not a good idea to
fly plastic fuselage airplanes with lithium batteries @ 42,000 feet up near
the ionosphere...
                                From: Terry Blanton

                                Jones Beene wrote:
                                > BTW Bob - you suggested a simple way to
look for the Ni+Li reaction.

                                > There is a simpler way yet... get hold of
some those exploding lithium
                                > batteries... you know ... the one's with
nickel electrodes.

                                Or just ride the bus:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/11158277/CCTV-mobile-phone-battery-exp
lodes-in-womans-hands-on-bus.html

                                how galling !

                                One wonders - given the cost of the
Dreamliner, if Boeing will not be far behind on catching onto this. They can
easily put $100 mill into the task. The gall of them...

                                "Gall" n. bold, impudent behavior. synonyms:
effrontery, impudence, impertinence, cheek, cheekiness, insolence, audacity,
temerity, presumption, cockiness, nerve, shamelessness, disrespect, bad
manners;

                                Hmm... I represent that remark...