Ok, after escalating from random-questions-embedded-in-a-long-posting to
open-conjecture-with-direct-questions and getting nowhere, I went with the
shakily-supported-but-loudly-declared-claim-of-fact route so popular on the
internet, and that elicited a couple of responses from kind and
knowledgeable researchers (Merci!).  Although I did not resolve all of the
questions which formed the basis of my conjecture about a potential signal
hidden within the noise of the peak-69 artifacts, I am able to infer and
presume the following:

        1) Although not directly specified, the sputter-cleaning ion source
was most likely also isotopically-pure Ga-69.  This and many other models of
ToF-SIMS analyzers are apparently capable of performing sputter-cleaning and
SIMS-scanning with a variety of ion sources, using either the same or
different sources, notably including cesium, argon, oxygen, and gold.  In
this case, given only a single ion source specified, common practice implies
that they are both performed with Ga69.
        2) The high variability of residual Ga69 in different
post-sputtering sample spectra (particularly figure 11b) is apparently
within the normal variance range for different sample substances.

So, if there is something interesting to be found regarding a mass-69
species, it will need to be discovered using an analytic method that does
not employ Ga-69 such as this one does.  I hope that other analytic results
will be published soon!  Unless and until then, I'll just presume this to be
artifact.

-Bob