From: Bob Higgins [mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com]
Sent: jeudi 16 octobre 2014 19:00
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Engineering and materials issues with high temperature
hot-cat Lugano demo

Seems to me that at the temperatures we are talking about (>1000C) that bulk
magnetic effects are probably out of the question.  A plasma of Li would be
a conductor and a conductor could be conveyed in a moving magnetic field.  I
don't think any motion will occur because of any bulk magnetic affects -
these are all gone at this temperature.

This temperature also makes it difficult to consider magnetically confined
condensates as Yeong Kim has described.