Alan Fletcher wrote:

*

*  What they could usefully do is construct a new  "dummy" as close to Rossi's
design as possible, and power it not only by the spiral resistors used by
Rossi, but also by resistors strung through the center, to see what electrical
power is needed replicate the Lugano results….This might also shed some light
on the source of the visible banding.

(And I can't resist noting that Levi et al should have done this).

Right-on. In fact, a fellow named Barry Kort, on another forum, apparently has
already done the simple experiment with Inconel in an alumina tube. However, he
may not have used the same IR camera, so his results need to be verified.

His conclusion is that the power reported by Levi from calculations (which were
not calibrated at the high temperature), could have resulted in a massive
miscalculation, so that in reality - there is essentially no gain at all. I
have not seen his data and hope he will publish it soon so that the data from
MFMP can be compared with it.

Jones