On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Jed--
>
> I hope you get an answer.  This question has caused me to resist getting
> into a give and take about the camera data.  The thermocouple must have
> been used to calibrate the camera at operating conditions, IF IT WERE
> WORKING.  The lack of this obvious information suggests the T/C was not
> working properly.  They either work on don't from my experience.
>
> The question being so simple puts them in a bind to answer.  If it didn't
> work they should, say so.  If it did work properly they should provide the
> data.  Rossi claims there were millions of data points.  It would nice to
> request that they publish their data base of all the raw data.  It all
> can't be in the published document if there was as much as suggested by
> Rossi.
>
> However, he may have had some restrictions on the data they could publish
> to protect revealing the detailed operating conditions.  The researchers
> doing the test would have access to the data as it was accumulated and
> would have used it to justify their conclusions, despite leaving room for
> skeptics to rail on.

​I start with the naive (trusting) assumption that everything the authors
of the Lugano report say ​about the reactor is based on fact rather than
guesswork, but they can't reveal why they know them to be factual because
it might reveal important IP. Unfortunately, such a situation will
stimulate the more distrustful skeptics to imagine incompetence and/or
misdirection.

Harry