If the created particles were mesons, these particles would decay into
electrons and neutrinos. I suspect that an experiment can be prepared to
detect those electrons. Also the mesons would effect the rate of nuclear
decay of radioactive isotopes.

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM, John Berry <berry.joh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, just a thought...
>
> But if there are particles popping into (semi)existence for a moment...
> If it were full existence their annihilation would not be so eventless.
>
> Then could these particles be effected by magnetic and electric fields?
> Could they react as other materials do?
>
> Could they actually act as at least part of the electric and magnetic
> field carrying capacity of the vacuum? (the permittivity and permeability
> of free space).
>
> I am unsure what interesting implications come from this line of
> reasoning, but I bet there are some.
>
> John
>

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No one knows what is going on in the vacuum. If real particles are being
>> produced by EMF in the vacuum, then the drive is not reactionless.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That is the point Robin.  In the case of a car you can find where all
>>> of the original mass is located after the car accelerates to a new
>>> velocity.  It might not be easy, but it can be done.
>>>
>>> The reactionless drive spaceship can not find the lost mass that is
>>> assumed to be converted into energy to generate thrust.  A person onboard
>>> the ship will only see that the mass of his ship is depleted since his
>>> velocity is constant after the drive is cut off as far as he knows.  Of
>>> course he will feel the acceleration as the drive is powered, but he has no
>>> way to determine his velocity relative to the universe before or after that
>>> occurs.   Velocity is relative to the observer.
>>>
>>> If we take this process to the extreme, lets assume that 90% of the mass
>>> of the original ship is consumed by the energy required to operate the
>>> reactionless drive.   Once the drive is shut down the spaceman begins to
>>> drift in space.  As far as he can observe, he is sitting still in space and
>>> has no kinetic energy.  But where did all that original mass end up?  It
>>> just vanished, which makes no sense.
>>>
>>> With a normal ship that relies upon the conservation of momentum all of
>>> the mass that has been ejected can be located.  Whether in the form of
>>> electromagnetic waves or raw mass that was ejected, the total will be the
>>> same as before the drive is activated.  This makes complete sense and is
>>> what has been demonstrated so far in real life.
>>>
>>> In the first case mass has been lost without anything to show for its
>>> existence.  In the second one, nothing is missing and everything adds up as
>>> expected.  I find it very difficult to believe that both situations are