Hello everybody,

I am still messing with vos on the Mac, this time playing with omnivos.
I found out after a while that I can start omnivos like this:

vos/apps/omnivos$ ./omnivos -n -c 3dworld-blocks.xod

and it started up somehow doing a few things, but the logfile indicates:

[Wed Mar 29 14:09:08 2006 (3) vosplugin] Searching for plugins/.libs/ libomniplg_search [Wed Mar 29 14:09:08 2006 (3) vosplugin] Searching for plugins/.libs/ libomniplg_search.bundle [Wed Mar 29 14:09:08 2006 (3) vosplugin] Searching for plugins/ libomniplg_search [Wed Mar 29 14:09:08 2006 (3) vosplugin] Searching for plugins/ libomniplg_search.bundle [Wed Mar 29 14:09:08 2006 (1) vosapp] Caught exception initializing plugin search: Could not load plugin "libomniplg_search" (check your search path) Error creating file image

and so on for all the other plugins. Indeed, looking into plugins/.libs I found only a bunch of .so files! I then tried the "installed" omnivos at vos/inplace/bin, but the plugin dir there is *empty*!

I found the reason for the latter after trying make again, it goes like:

Making all in plugins
for lib in .libs/.so* .libs/.*dylib .libs/*.dll ; do \

which is clearly wrong, having the wildcards in those strange places, and not handling *.bundle at all. I tried autoreconf, but the problem persisted. Oh well... autotools...

Next thing was a manual fix, creating a .bundle symbolic link for every .so in plugin/.libs. Now omnivos loaded the plugins, but obviously something is still wrong. I inspected the
the sector vobject "world" with mesh, ad it had all the correct types:

vip://alu.mi.fu-berlin.de:4231/world> types
a3dl:sector
misc:factory.compound
misc:talkative

BUT it does not have the expected children associated with them, e.g. misc:talkative is missing. Only the default geometry hildren are present, i.e. Plane, 3 cubes, 3 lamps, default-viewpoint. (btw. the YellowCube is calles MagentaCube too :-) Checking vip:// interreality.org/world in contrast, which is assumedly hosted by just the same omnivos configuration (?), does have the missing children...

Heeeeelp! :-)

Karsten Otto (kao)