Lalo Martins wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:53:40 -0500, Peter Amstutz wrote:
>>    It shall be possible to interoperate with chat systems such as
>>    IRC and Jabber and give users on these other systems a
>>    presence in the virtual world.
>
> Take a look at this, I love it.  It's once again validation for my idea to
> bridge VOS via d-bus ;-)
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/System_Overview

Yeah there are a bunch of interesting proposals for application data
sharing over dbus.  There was one for sharing a single presence status
code between applications (online, away, busy, etc.). I think I linked
to it from the Wiki, not sure if it's still active. Galago or Galaga or
something?

I don't think many dbus services has yet to make it into a Gnome
release, or if they have, nobody publicized it much... as far as I can
tell there's no one place to find out about dbus from a more
user-centered perspective. I.e. there's no one list of dbus service
names anywhere.  Maybe that's intentional though.

Reed