No, and it shouldn't do that -- the goal is to have the XML DOM
structure reflect the VOS structure in a meaningful way.  If you spread
essential information for a single vobject all over the document such
that it requires that you must process the entire document before being
able to do anything, you're not really working with XML, you're working
with XML-flavored tag soup.

Of course, the internal cross-references we do have (mostly confined to
the <link> tag, I think, which *is* a special case) use VOS paths
instead of XML identifiers and anchors, but that's another discussion...

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 04:46:04PM -0400, Reed Hedges wrote:

> Does XOD or should XOD have stuff like the following?
>

> <vobject name="a">
> </vobject>

> <vobject name="b" parent="a">
> </vobject>

> <addtypes ref="/a" types="ex:foo,ex:bar" />
>

> Reed

[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]
[ VOS: Next Generation Internet Communication][ http://interreality.org ]
[ http://interreality.org/~tetron ][ pgpkey:  pgpkeys.mit.edu  18C21DF7 ]