Rick Moen wrote:
Quoting myself:

Quoting Jonathan Stickel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

Someone wants to install Linux on a Mac iBook (i.e. PowerPC arch.) at the installfest Saturday. This is new to me. Any recommendations, especially in regards to distribution? For new users, I often go with Fedora. I see that the test version of Fedora 4 is out with a version for PPC. I'll probably go with that unless I'm advised not to.

That would probably work fine.

You might want to stick to Fedora Core 3, though[1].  The FC4 "test1"
images have been getting pretty frightful reviews.

If you're an LWN subscriber, see this, for example, from Ladislav
Bodnar of Distrowatch: http://lwn.net/Articles/127844/ (Bodnar
test-installed and then laboriously fixed breakage in the x86_64 image.
That obviously doesn't necessarily reflect on the brand-new PPC
addition, but I'd be wary.)
[1] Yes, I know it wasn't officially supported until the FC4 images.
But there were ISOs, e.g.:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/fedorappc/FC-3/isos/

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll go stop the ppc FC4 download right now and get the fc3 isos.

Jonathan