On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, Rod Roark wrote:
> Wow, lots of comments from unhappy Ubuntu users there.
>
> Alex Mandel <tech_...@wildintellect.com> wrote:
>
>     Since this one is likely to bite a few people very quickly.
>     http://www.webupd8.org/2011/08/installing-using-classic-gnome-desktop.html

        And I will add to the list of not really happy with the new
        version.

        Even with going back to the Gnome classic they have screwed
        things up.

        1) I can't find out how to disable the keyboard inactivity
        check. I don't want it to dim the display just because I'm not
        typing.

        2) The old system menu is moved and is not as good.

        3) I like the top panel with it's apps. I have not found how to
        get back to those apps.

        4) I have not found out how to change the theme from their
        default theme to one I like better.

        Just a number of small things which there may be solutions
        but I feel they really screwed up with things they should never
        have touched in order to force us into this new brain damage
        way of thinking.

                                                        Tony