Punky Tse wrote:

I found ethtool in debian apt repository, this one is version 2. Does it require version 3?

I don't remember why I compiled it myself.

On wrap you must set it as follows:

 ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
 ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full

i.e turn off autoneg!!

I've forgotten to write this in the first mail

BTW: If you did'nt have noticed it is upploaded ;-)
I've created a directory bin where I put binaries only without package

Beat

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=ethtool&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Beat Meier wrote:

Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:

Does anybody know how to set the speed of the ethernet port with Voyage? I would typically use mii-diag or something like that but unable to find
something for use in Voyage. I want to set it to 10bt half duplex.


Download source of ethtool
 http://directory.fsf.org/All_Packages_in_Directory/ethtool.html
compile it and install it.
Set with
  ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full
This works for example on wrap, don't know what platfrom do you have ...
I can contribute the binary for my kernel i.e. to http://alpha.voyage.hk/contrib/beat/

Give me 1 or 2 days to upload it

Greetings

Beat

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux



_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux






_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to