Hello all,

I experience some problems with ftp.hk.debian.org. I can only download with about 2000 to 5000 B/s thus waiting and waiting and waiting for every single small package I want to install, e.g. waiting about 40 minutes to install pppoe.

I noticed it is this mirror from /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.hk.debian.org/debian etch main

Is it safe to replace this mirror with any debian mirror out there? It seems to be just a normal debian mirror offering the etch distribution. Or are there any voyage-specific packages so that I will break up something when using, for example,

deb http://debian.tu-bs.de/debian/ etch main

?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Jens