Hey Rodney, Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your help on this. I've just tried running that command as suggested and it doesn't really appear to make any difference, it still doesn't actually save the changes onto the card until a shutdown occurs.
Do you have any other suggestions? I'm sure we must be fairly close to having a solution, seems wierd that their isn't a script for saving the changes to the solid state, I'd have thought this would be helpfull to a lot of people. Rob -----Original Message----- From: voyage-linux-bounces+robert.rawlins=thinkbluemedia.co...@list.voyage.hk [mailto:voyage-linux-bounces+robert.rawlins=thinkbluemedia.co...@list.voyage .hk] On Behalf Of [email protected] Sent: 17 November 2009 01:53 To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] help with sync scripts Robert, looking through voyage-sync: despite the word 'sync' appearing throughout, I think it isn't actually doing a file system sync, it is just copying the writeable layer (tmpfs/aufs) to the underlying layer e.g. flash drive. That may not sync for some time, or shutdown. How about doing this for an experiment: remountrw /etc/init.d/voyage-sync sync sync remountro Rodney Robert Rawlins wrote: ... # apart from /var/tmp and /var/log, add extra directories to sync from tmpfs VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="/etc/thinkblue" And this appears to work well, any changes in this directory are committed to the disk on reboot. However, trying to sync this directory manually like follows: remountrw /etc/init.d/voyage-sync sync remountro The commands run just fine, however, if I then simulate a power loss by pulling the plug and restarting the system then the changes are not there when the system comes back to life. ... _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
