The saga continues. I booted my Kubuntu computer into Puppy Linux and was able to edit the lilo.conf file on my CF card. I changed it to read-write and added APCI=off. Neither change helped. Then I tried disconnecting the Soekris board's internal HD and then the long delays and the lost interrupt errors went away. Now it boots and if I then do the "remountrw" command all is well. Next I tried to edit the lilo.conf file in voyage with nano. Nano wasn't found so I tried vi which I don't know well at all. I was using gtkterm in Kubuntu which then got all messed up. Other people have also had that problem I found. Then I tried SSH into the board and that worked and I could edit with vi. then I tried "apt-get update" to prepare to install nano to see if I could. That gave we a MergeList error in /var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian . . . and said the the package list could not be parsed or opened or some such thing.
Thanks,
Steve