On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:06:03 -0800, Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Steve Taylor
<steven.taylo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Yes, but not only the lost interrupt problem but, also even when I got it working and could SSH into the system, it wouldn't allow me to run apt-get
successfully.

Did you switch your "/" file system to "rw" mode prior to apt-get?
The default is "ro" and that could explain the error.

Yes, I believe that I did but it has been a while now and my memory of what I did has faded.

After working on it for a while, I decided to give up and try
the Ubuntu route. I know that isn't helpfull for anyone else having problems
with Voyage on a 5501, but on the other hand, I did get my system up and
running.

Yes, I have also taken the Ubuntu route and installed it on a flash
disk (for thin client Proof of Concept).  However, make sure it does
not create a swap partition on your Flash drive.   IIRC, with Ubuntu
/var/log/messages is also "rw" this could shorten the life of your
compact flash.
Whereas in VL it is on a tmpfs - so there is no wear and tear on the flash disk.

Thanks for the tip. Actually my Ubuntu installation is on a hard disk so I am not running on CF at all.

Steve