Thanks for your help. I'll take your advice tomorrow when back to work.

Some comments to your advices below.

On 10/11/2011 19:21, Lee Woldanski wrote:
Hi Jorge,

Sounds like you are going down a road that I have already traveled.

I would download the SDK, install it, and set up the build environment
to let you "rebuild" the distribution images (live build scripts).

I have followed the step in
http://linux.voyage.hk/content/getting-started-live-cd-v08x

and installed it on a hard drive (my virtual machine).

Get yourself some kernel source, and use the Voyage kernel config as a
starting point to customize your own kernel.

Do you mean a vanilla kernel and apply the patch from:
http://mirror.voyage.hk/download/kernel_patch/2.6/kernel-patch-3.0.0-voyage_10.0-1.patch.gz

My option was working directly with the sources from voyage. I've downloaded the kernel source debian package from the voyage site:
http://mirror.voyage.hk/dists/0.8/linux/linux-source-3.0.0-voyage_10.0-1_all.deb

And the config file from:
http://mirror.voyage.hk/download/kernel_config/config-3.0.0-voyage_10.0-1

After installing the source and copying the config file, I modify the config to fit my requirements:
# make menuconfig
# make-kpkg --revision="3.0custom" --append-to-version "-jlanza-voyage" kernel-image

Should I put also the --initrd option?

You are also going to probably need to patch the kernel source to
support aufs in order for the Debian Live stuff to work properly.
I thought that if taking the config from voyage directly that option should be included. Will look at it.

If that all works, you should be able to use your generated kernel
.deb for the kernel used when re-building the distro.

Finally, it should just be a matter of running "./build.sh img" which
will build you the distro image.

What should I modify to get my own kernel? I'm newbie to debian-live.

You can use the .img with dd or physdiskwrite to write it directly to
a USB stick.

That seems easy... but I think it would not be such a thing ;)

If you have a mini-howto with the command I would really be grateful. Anyway I will try and try cause I have to have it done ;)

Then you will have the equivalent of a CD-R Live CD on a USB stick.
You can boot from that stick and use it like you would use the Live
CD, including using the installer scripts to install your customized
build on a machine.

I have gone through this whole process a few times now to build myself
a custom Amateur Radio tailored installation (based on 0.7.5
currently). I can give you some more help off-line if you like.

Thanks a lot again.

Cheers!

Lee