Am Saturday 29 September 2012 03:01:17 schrieb Mark Schlegel:
I've made a mini-itx host based off an Intel D2500CCE board
(dual lans ports) and a M-350 case and pico-psu 80 Watt power supply.
I  installed Voyage 0.8.5 onto a 8GB CompactFlash card which talks to
the motherboard via a Syba CF to SATA adapter (ADA40001).  My target
>>usage of this is to have it be a cups print server on the network. I want to use apt-get
>> to install cups later on.

But upon boot up the video always shows out of range after I get past
the grub screen even on my nice HP 2159M 22" LCD display showing:

"1920x1080 60Hz out of range"

I'm plugging the HP2159M into the VGA port on the motherboard.  The
HP2159M says it supports that res and refresh so it's surprising it >does this.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

It may has to do with the new kernel mode setting.
You can try the kernel parameter 'nomodeset'.
You can also set the resolution manually with kernel parameter vga=[video
mode]. As you run a print server the video resolution is not important.

I think I found the real reason, the Cedar View atom doesn't have a supported video set. It uses the GMA3600 which is PowerVR based. There was a news report that Intel just recently wrote a linux driver for this
so it should eventually be pulled into Voyage from Debian.