On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Adrian Reyer <voyage-li...@lihas.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 09:35:25PM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
>> Per the instructions on README.live-cd, I am installing v0.9.0rc1
>> Lilo fails to install.   I get the following output on the console
>> Unrecognized token "0.9" at or above line 14 in file '/etc/lilo.install.conf'
>
> Check the content of /etc/lilo.install.conf, I'd assume there is a
> syntax error involved.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I also suspected that lilo does not like
the '.' character in the string.

This problem also exists in v 0.8.5.  I guess no one is opting for the
lilo boot loader in their installation.

I have not used lilo for a looong time and there were suggestions on
the soekris list, to use lilo instead of grub, to resolve cold boot
problems.

I was hoping that the VL installer would do it for me since it is an
option in the install script but no joy.

Meanwhile, I have experimented with extlinux and figured out it's
nuances for a couple of embedded distros.   My cold boot problem, with
a soekris 5501, has been resolved by using the extlinux boot loader.
Ref. <http://list.voyage.hk/pipermail/voyage-linux/2012-October/015369.html>

I will look into lilo issue with VL later.

-- Arun Khan