Did you use unetbootin to create Live USB drive from Live CD?

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Then use voyage.update to install it to the harddrive.

On 10/16/2012 12:18 AM, Richard E Neese wrote:
On 10/15/2012 8:44 AM, Ray Mickle wrote:
Richard,
From my experience with voyage, you need to run grub to update the device it is pointing to due to grub using disk ids instead of /dev/sdaX. I have done this on CF disks as well as ssd drives from a usb drive.

Hope it helps,
Ray

well where do we start to fix this.
as this is a issue that should be corrected.
as it stands now I have to use the cd and install then mnt and cp the files over to the drive and this is a waste of time.
we should be able to install from a usb onto and drive  and have the grub
install correctly.

Punky if you read this please give pointers on where to look at fixing this
issue.

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage ONE   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)