On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Richard E Neese <r.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok your not undterstanding the issue to be fixed / worked on.
>

> The using the usb drive to install onto devices that dont have a cdrom/dvd
> drive works fine.
>
> the issues is grub is not installing like it should.

Are you saying that there is nothing in /boot/grub?

Do you get any error message when voyage.update gets to the boot loader install.
For instance, I choose 'lilo' as the boot loader but the installation
fails and displays an error message on the screen.

> we need to figure out why grub is failing to install and how to fix if.
>
> then the issue goes away .  This is a Grub install from usb issue.

If you are open to using extlinux (an alternate boot loader), it can
be done using a System Rescue CD.   See this list archives for the
method I have posted a couple of weeks back.

-- Arun Khan