If you're using the machine in the intended Voyage read-only mode, then no,
ext4 doesn't have much use.  (It supports the TRIM function for SSDs, but if
the disk is read-only then no files are being deleted, the TRIM function isn't
being used.)

If you want a writable partition, then ext4 has some very powerful barrier
mechanisms that provides fairly reliable disk writes in a bad environment.
Voyage already supports ext4 partitions as long as it doesn't include /boot.

If you want a writable root partition, then ext4 has a strong case.  But then
there is less of a reason to use Voyage.

Joshua