On Tuesday 02 April 2013 04:37 PM, Martin Kos wrote:
> so i have to update my images :-)
>
> how do you usually handle the files in /var/lib? e.g. i have the
> following directories that should be writable:
> /var/lib/dhcp
> /var/lib/misc
> /var/lib/monit
> /var/lib/logrotate
> /var/lib/php5
> is it safe to add each of them separately or is there a maximum of
> mounts on the TMPFS or any other constraint?

When I had to run GDM/LXDE on voyage, I had to make a lot of such
directories writeable. There is no such constraint on number of mounts,
but as TMPFS is created on the RAM, you need to take that into account.

Otherwise, I run LXDE with GDM happily and around 200 such images are
out in the field.

regards,
Nishant