Le Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:56:01 +0100
Daniel Wilson <daniel.a.wil...@gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having problems with the hardware clock when using ALIX 2d13
> boards with Voyage 0.9.1.  The date isn't being saved to the clock on
> shutdown:
>
> [info] Saving the system clock.
> hwclock: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
> hwclock: Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for
> an access method.
>

> calling "hwclock" doesn't work -
>
> hwclock: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
> hwclock: Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for
> an access method.
>

> I've read another post where the suggestion is to use:
>
> hwclock --directisa
>

> but I'm not sure how to fix this in the startup scripts, nor what the
> underlying problem is that is causing "hwclock" without parameters to
> function correctly.
>
> Please can someone explain what's going wrong here ?
>
> Dan

Hi,

It's because the rtc module is not loaded. You can add it to the ramfs
file easily: edit /etc/initramfs-tools/modules, add at the end a line
containing rtc, save, run the command update-initramfs (must be root,
don't forget to do remountrw before) and reboot.
You now should be able to access the hardware clock.

--
Stéphane ACOUNIS
SUBATECH Nantes - Service d'Électronique

«Faut pas se laisser abattre» devise Kennedy