On 24 October 2013 19:55, Teco Boot <t...@inf-net.nl> wrote:

> What about putting following line in /etc/default/hwclock
>
> HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa -u —noadjfile"
>
> And add following in /etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh and /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
>
> # Include hwclock defaults if available
> if [ -f /etc/default/hwclock ] ; then
>     . /etc/default/hwclock
> fi
>

> I'll have to test on 0.9.1.
> Better approaches are welcome.
>
> Teco

Thanks for your reply Teco.

Actually I ended up adding "rtc" to /etc/modules and adding
"HCTOSYS_DEVICE=rtc" to /etc/default/rcS.  This seems to have fixed
the hardware clock saving problem.  I found this in some old notes I'd
made, so not sure if this was the right thing to do as I don't really
remember what the problem was, nor do I really understand what was
wrong.

Opinions welcome.

Dan