EAL throws this message to stderr, systemd collects it. There is no much of vpp
involved here.

On 25 Jan 2017, at 16:00, Kinsella, Ray
<ray.kinse...@intel.com<mailto:ray.kinse...@intel.com>> wrote:

Hi Damjan,

I don't get how the the following message is being blurbed to the Syslog

"PCI INTX mask not supported\n"

Is causing the VPP log to run out of space and resulting in ... ?

"file descriptor 9: Input/output error".

On the patch ...

http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/11622/

Steve Hemminger's advice looks like the right path to resolve.

Ray K