Folks,

There are currently two utilities that cause a print-out of the bridge
domain information:  vppctl and vpp_api_test.

Let's talk about the default  Bridge Domain 0 for a moment.  You, as the
user of the system, can talk about, name it, reference it and use it, but
neither create nor destroy it as it is the default domain.  That's all good
and wonderful.

So let's say we have three bridge domains configured: 0, 1 and 14.
And we use vppctl to see them:

vpp# show bridge
  ID   Index   BSN  Age(min)  Learning  U-Forwrd  UU-Flood  Flooding
 ARP-Term  BVI-Intf
  0      0      0     off       off       off       off       off       off
     local0
  1      1      0     off        on        on        on        on       off
      N/A
  14     2      0     off       off        on        on        on       off
      N/A

And then we turn around and use vpp_api_test to do the same:

vat# bridge_domain_dump

 ID LRN FWD FLD BVI #IF
  1   1   1   1  -1   0

 ID LRN FWD FLD BVI #IF
 14   0   1   1  -1   0

My question is: Why doesn't the BRIDGE_DOMAIN_DUMP API call
also send the details about BDI 0 too?  The only way an end user
will be able to see that configuration is through this API call, and
given that the user can modify the Domain 0 configuration, the
user should be able to confirm the settings as well.

Allowing the CLI to go directly to the internal data structures for its
"dump" or "show" commands is a serious pit-fall.

Thanks,
jdl