On 5 May 2017, at 22:37, Mircea Orban
<mior...@hotmail.com<mailto:mior...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

I have a Fortville NIC (XL710-QDA1) with one QSFP+ port that supports two
modes: 1X40g and 4X10g.

While in 1X40g mode everything seems to be fine,  when I run VPP in 4X10g mode
some issues seems to occur:

-          When I use PFs  it’s all good except that the link speed is not
detected properly (VPP thinks these are 40G links)
-          Additionally, with VFs, VPP seems to be confused with the VF Id
numbering scheme (I think). Only one of the whitelisted VFs it’s picked up (out
of 6 configured), and when I try to bring it up VPP crashes (see attached log).

Please let me know if it can get fixed.

I think problem here is very simple, nobody added support for 4x10G mode :)

Can you send output of “show pci” ?