www w×××Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Florin Coras <fcoras.li...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/8/17 6:41 AM (GMT+05:30)
To: Yuliang Li <yuliang...@yale.edu>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] set mapping from node to thread

Hi Yuliang,

Are you running with dpdk or with tap/af_packet interfaces? As far as I
remember multithreading for the last two might not work properly.

Florin

On Jul 7, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Yuliang aaa!a@@a@@@@aaa××aaa
<yuliang...@yale.edu<mailto:yuliang...@yale.edu>> wrote:

I printed 3 thread_index, and all 3 shows the same value:

1. vlib_frame_t's thread_index:
For each pending frame p:
vlib_pending_frame_t *p = nm->pending_frames + i;
I get the vlib_frame_t f:
vlib_frame_t *f = vlib_get_frame (vm, p->frame_index);
and I print f->thread_index

2. vlib_node_runtime_t's thread_indes:
For each pending frame p, I get its node runtime nr:
vlib_node_runtime_t *nr = vec_elt_at_index
(nm->nodes_by_type[VLIB_NODE_TYPE_INTERNAL], p->node_runtime_index);
and I print nr->thread_index

3. vlib_main_t's thread_index:
I print vm->thread_index

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Dave Barach (dbarach)