Hi Mukesh,

I am by no means an expert on the matter but after talking to some folks my understanding is that it is a common feature (uRPF).

This issue has nothing to do with IPsec though, I am pretty sure you could reproduce the issue with other tunnels too. Note that uRPF would apply to packets with local destination, in this case the inner address is also the interface address.

I think it makes sense that the packet was drop given that we did not have any default route.

Thanks,
Sergio