FYI all, https://gerrit.fd.io/r/8491 fixes several vppctl and cli issues and
generally makes them work together better.

Of most note to people is it (finally) fixes the noise vppctl was producing
when used non-interactively. Ie, the command echo, welcome banner and CLI
prompt are no more when you use it in a script or pass commands on the command
line. This is achieved by having vppctl use a magic terminal type ("vppctl") to
inform VPP to not dress the session up as an interactive one.

In working this I uncovered several long-standing issues, not least if the CLI
socket dies before VPP has spoken to it, VPP didn't notice and ended up
triggering a fatal SIGPIPE. Lovely! The commit message has extensive notes for
the morbidly interested.

Anyway, once merged, keep a watch for any CLI issues I may have introduced; let
me know if you come across anything odd or fatal.

Chris.