Damjan,

On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 16:04 +0000, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm hearing from multiple people that OpenSUSE verify job is failing (again).
I haven't heard (or read) anything over the mailing list otherwise I would have
looked into it.
Also, if you hear anything like that you can always ping me directly and I will
look into it...

> So generally speaking i would like to question having verify jobs for multiple
> distros.
> Is there really a value in compiling same code on different distros. Yes I
> know gcc version can be different,
> but that can be addressed in simpler way, if it needs to be addressed at all.
>
> More distros means more moving parts and bigger chance that something will
> fail.
Well, I am not sure how to interpret this but (in theory) a build should be
reproducible in the first place and I should not worry about problems with build
outcomes. It doesn't only affect openSUSE and I raised it many times over the
mailing-list; when you need to run "recheck" multiple times to have a build
succeed. IMHO the issue should be addressed and not solved by putting it under
the carpet...
> Also it cost resources....
That is a different matter and if that's the case then it should be discussed
seriously; raising this argument now, after having had people investing their
times in getting stuff up and running isn't really a cool thing...

> Thoughts?
>
> Damjan
/Marco

Marco V

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg