On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Marco Varlese <mvarl...@suse.de> wrote:

> Hi Damjan,
>
> On Fri, 2017-12-15 at 09:06 +0000, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:
>

> On 15 Dec 2017, at 08:52, Marco Varlese <mvarl...@suse.de> wrote:
>
> Damjan,
>
> On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 16:04 +0000, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> I'm hearing from multiple people that OpenSUSE verify job is failing
> (again).
>
> I haven't heard (or read) anything over the mailing list otherwise I would
> have
> looked into it.
> Also, if you hear anything like that you can always ping me directly and I
> will
> look into it...
>

> yes, people pinging me...
> See
> https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/9440/
>
> also:
>
> https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/9813/ - abandoned but it shows that something
> was wrong
>

> Ok, so just summarizing our conversation on IRC for others too.
>
> That issue is connected to the different versions of INDENT (C checkstyle)
> installed on the different distros.
>
> openSUSE runs 2.2.10 whilst CentOS and Ubuntu run 2.2.11
>
> What strikes me is that the upstream repo https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/indent/
> has 2.2.10 as last revision.
> Our indent package maintainer is looking at possible other sources where
> Indent could "live" these days and will let me know as soon as she finds
> out.
>
> @Thomas Herbert, would you know the source where the Indent package on
> CentOS come from? Maybe that could help...

Marco, I can't find the source. I'll look around a little more. From
CentoOS 7.4:

$ sudo yum provides indent
:
indent-2.2.11-13.el7.x86_64 : A GNU program for formatting C code
Repo        : base
:

$ sudo repoquery -i indent
Name        : indent
Version     : 2.2.11
Release     : 13.el7
Architecture: x86_64
Size        : 359131
Packager    : CentOS BuildSystem <http://bugs.centos.org>
Group       : Applications/Text
URL         : http://indent.isidore-it.eu/beautify.html   <-- BUSTED LINK
Repository  : base
Summary     : A GNU program for formatting C code
Source      : indent-2.2.11-13.el7.src.rpm
Description :
Indent is a GNU program for beautifying C code, so that it is easier to
read.  Indent can also convert from one C writing style to a different
one.  Indent understands correct C syntax and tries to handle incorrect
C syntax.

Install the indent package if you are developing applications in C and
you want a program to format your code.