Brayan,

> I would like to share my problem with you in order to find solution.
> As you can see in vppctl output file, "vppctl show hardware" command result
> contains "rx broadcast packets" and "tx broadcast packets". However, when I
> used vpp python api to extract these stats, the value of
> VNET_INTERFACE_COUNTER_RX_BROADCAST and VNET_INTERFACE_COUNTER_TX_BROADCAST
> are stuck on zero incorrectly. attached you can see my python script and its
> output and vppctl command output. This behavior exists in multicast stats.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> vppctl output: https://pastebin.com/zXrArE4b
> Python Script: https://pastebin.com/gDJbH1if
> Python Script output: https://pastebin.com/q4dJ8VMs

Firstly these are not exactly the same counters. The first ones come directly
from DPDK I believe, and the VNET_INTERFACE_COUNTER ones are from the
stats_collect_rx_node, sitting as an input feature behind device-input.
I don’t know if they are different because the broadcasts are filtered out
before reaching VPP or if there is a better explanation, Damjan?

With regards to Python and stats collection, or any stats collection in
general. I would encourage you to try out the new stats segment.

In Python you basically do:

from vpp_papi.vpp_stats import VPPStats
stat = VPPStats(<name-of-stats-socket)
dir = stat.ls(['^/if’]) # For all interface counters use “show statistics
segment” or vpp_get_stats ls to see all available counters
counters = stat.dump(dir)

Then counters[‘/if/tx'][thread index][sw_if_index] will give you the TX counter
for a particular worker thread / software interface.

Cheers,
Ole