Hi ,

A novice to  VPP world.

Trying out VPP memif communication between VPP-dataplane and another process (
which is a non-VPP application ).
When we do this, I have to do the IP/UDP processing within the application
which is kind of duplication of the entire IP/UDP stack ( atleast checksum
verficiations and fragmentation/ reassembly logic ). This seems to be a big
overhead in terms of the code maintainance.
Please let me know, if this is a correct way to use Memif mechanism (or) Is it
designed only for communication between two VPP applications.

Thanks,
Satish