Hello everyone,

This is on "19.01", I've yet to test with 18.10. I've setup dynamic NAT.
I've tested this with a clean setup without specifying anything special in
startup.conf. The results are irrelevant of other NAT settings except NAT
workers. I've tried specifying various networks, single IP as external network,
or a larger subnet of /24 or /23, no difference.
If I set VPP workers to no more than 4, I see no issues in throughput or
latency, since then NAT workers are also limited to 4. However, if I specify
workers at 5 or above, latency is high on every single packet processed, with
averages of around 18 ms. Throughput is also severely affected, hitting around
100 Mbps from an external server to a NAT:ed client. If NAT workers are set to
4 or less, the issues go away.

Server has a single 12 core Xeon Gold CPU, 96GB DDR4 RAM in optimal placement
using all memory channels, and interfaces are two Mellanox ConnectX-5 100GbE.

I'm stumped, not seen this behaviour in the past or in anyone's experience.
Suggestions?